PDF Version here
Apple, Inc., Cupertino, California
Software Engineer 10/2011 – Present
- I work in Hardware Reliability. I work very closely with the development and manufacturing of new iThings from prototype to launch. We abuse Apple products in the name of science.
- I write software that performs automated stressing of hardware and then analyzes large volumes of aggregate data to search for reliability issues. Our findings inform and drive product development.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Billerica, Massachusetts
Software Engineer 07/2011 – 10/2011
- Okay, so there’s this gun that you can point at an unknown thing like a piece of jewelry, for example. The pawn shop says it’s solid gold, but you point your trusty “tricorder” (yeah, like in Star Trek) at the ring and instantly the screen gives a full breakdown of the metallic compounds. Oh look, it’s some sort of tungsten alloy. phew We were almost duped. Glad we didn’t waste our money on that.
- This is not science-fiction. This gun exists and I wrote embedded C++ in order to facilitate adding a GPS module to one of these guns.
- Read more here: http://www.niton.com/
RSUI Group, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia
Software Engineer 10/2006 – 08/2010
- I wrote software that helped move RSUI, a commercial insurance company, towards becoming paperless.
- I improved the productivity of RSUI’s insurance professionals by facilitating the movement and storage of policy information.
Agentek, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia
Software Engineer 10/2004 – 10/2006
- I Wrote embedded software for ruggedized mobile devices for various Fortune 500 companies in the trucking and field service industries to improve field data collection and distribution in areas such as routing and package delivery and confirmation.
- I wrote a scripting language in C++ to facilitate the automatic provisioning and configuration of ruggedized mobile devices.
Analysis of Algorithms, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, The Structure of Information Networks, Embedded Microcontroller Design, Fundamentals of Digital Signal Processing
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Masters of Engineering in Computer Science 08/2010 – 05/2011
Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia
Computer Science Post-Baccalaureate 01/2008 – 05/2010
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering 08/2000 – 07/2004